Polycystic ovary syndrome, popularly known as PCOS, is an endocrine system disorder that impacts women in their reproductive years. This results in small fluid-filled sacs to develop on the ovaries. Symptoms comprise changes to the excess hair growth and menstrual cycle. If not treated, it can lead to complications and other infertility.
Common Symptoms of PCOS
Mentioned below are some of the common symptoms of PCOS:
- Excess androgen. Increased levels of male hormone might result in physical signs, for instance, body hair and excess facial and infrequently severe acne and male-pattern baldness.
- Irregular periods. Irregular, prolonged or infrequent menstrual cycles are the most common sign of PCOS. For instance, you may have less than nine periods a year, over 35 days between periods and irregularly heavy periods.
- Polycystic ovaries. Your ovaries may be enlarged and comprise follicles that enclose the eggs. As a result, the ovaries may fail to function on a regular basis.
Apart from this other symptoms include sleep apnea, skin tags, high blood pressure, high stress levels, infertility, fatigue, dandruff, oily skin, acne, depression, and anxiety.
Tests and diagnosis
No single test can find out the presence of PCOS, but a doctor can make a diagnosis the condition via medical history, a physical exam that comprises blood tests and pelvic exam to measure glucose, cholesterol, and hormone levels.
Even though there is no cure for PCOS, but treatment intends to manage the symptoms that impact an individual. A number of treatment options are recommended which include:
- Fertility medications
- Birth control pills
- Diabetes medications
- Fertility treatments
Besides this, the surgical options comprise cyst aspiration, ovarian drilling, oophorectomy, and hysterectomy.
Ayurveda medicine for PCOS
Ayurveda is quite effectual for the treatment of PCOS. Ayurvedic treatment of PCOS comprises the use of aromatic plants to boost fertility and maintain the steadiness of hormones. It also necessitates you to seek the help of a number of therapies and a balanced diet. All these play an essential role in overcoming PCOS related issues.
Nirogam’s PCOS kit treats particular signs of PCOS and targets the
- Optimization of ovarian functions and endorse ovulation
- Lessening of male hormones and treat hormonal imbalance
- Enhancement of endocrine functions – all of which are accountable for PCOS.
- Improves female reproductive health and fertility.
PCOS treatment in Ayurveda comprises a mix of a number of herbs for increasing the reproductive system of an individual and eases the level of hormones. Not only this, these herbs are beneficial in relieving the irritation arising because of the appearance of cysts on the ovaries too. Some of the herbs also work wonders against other problems for instance increase in weight, digestive disorders, insulin sensitivity, etc. In summary, these herbal medications carry out the same function as in the case of allopathic treatment. But, not like allopathic medicine, it does not cause any side effect or adverse reaction on an individual’s body in case you act as prescribed by your Ayurvedic consultant.