Acai berry is the latest addition to the list of celebrity health food fads. Hollywood swears by it, doctors recommend it and businesses are trying to capitalize off the craze. Soon you will learn why.
The health benefits that this small berry offers are phenomenal. It supplies the body with the requisite vitamins, aids the brain’s functioning, ensures a good night sleep, helps lose weight and rids the body of toxins and infections while strengthening the immune system. It is also an aphrodisiac and an anti-inflammatory. As if that was not enough, the acai berry battles cancer, fights signs of aging, improves the quality of your skin, keeps diabetes in check, stops cholesterol levels from rising, improves the functioning of the heart, reduces inflammation, and enhances circulation.
So what is the acai berry? It is one of the most nutritious fruits in the world. The acai berry is a tiny blackish-purple fruit, akin to a grape in shape and size, but with lesser pulp. It is usually crushed and consumed in the form of an energy drink.
The advantages of the acai berry are plentiful:
• Acai berry contains Vitamins A, B1 and E. Acai juice is said to have between 10 to 30 times more antioxidants than grapes, pomegranates, and even blueberries.
• The acai berry has high levels of amino acids. Amino acids are the building locks of protein. Muscles need amino acids to operate, and to rebuild.
• Acai berry can help muscle development and raise your energy energy levels. The essential omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids in acai berries also help increase metabolism.
• It leads to a decrease in the incidence of stroke, heart attack, cancer, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease
• Acai berries also contain phytosterols, which help you absorb nutrients more effectively.
• The protein present in acai berries helps your body burn fat, and satiate hunger.
• The acai berry has generous helpings of fibre, which aids digestion. It helps you lose weight by cleaning out your system and increasing metabolic activity.
• You are left with stronger bones, better eyesight and less mood variability
Although it has made its way to Hollywood only recently, its properties have been known for eons to the people of Brazil and Peru, where it was originally harvested to overcome a food shortage. In Brazil, acai berry is a part of the native food and drink. Acai berry is popular in juices, sodas and other beverages. Acai berry is at times used as a dietary supplement, because of its numerous benefits, in the form of juices and smoothies. It is also a novelty ice-cream flavour. It also contributes to the economic growth of these regions.
Acai berry has no known side effects so taking acai berry is completely safe. Yet, be careful when you are buying acai berry juice. Make sure that the juice or pulp that you buy has absolutely no preservatives. Unfiltered juice is the most effective as it maintains the wholeness of the acai fruit. Make sure that it comes in a glass bottle because juice packaged in a plastic bottle will suffer from the ill-effects of plastic leeching.
The acai berry’s antioxidant levels, fatty acids, and amino acids all come together to help your body function the best that it can. This means that your body will work more efficiently. All this combines to make you look and feel better than ever before.