Hair Loss Treatments: A Thought To Ponder
A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness…
– John Keats.
There is no one on earth who doesn’t take a second look at thick, long and lustrous hair. And that is irrespective of the sex. For a woman, locks of healthy long hair is a boon which also symbolizes her fertility. And a man finds a woman with thick, dark tresses irresistible. But alas, our generation does not crave for long hair neither has it the time or patience to care for it. Needless to mention that despite having a short, trimmed beautifully styled hair many of us suffer from hair loss or alopecia, split ends, dandruff and what not! Its no wonder why many of us look for natural hair loss treatments.
On normal days, you may lose 50 to 100 strands per day. But if you start losing many more, then it is alarming and calls for attention or some hair loss treatments. Some of the common causes of hair loss are:
1. Lack of nutrition
4. Dehydrated hair due to lack of fluids or over use of shampoo
5. Medical conditions like thyroid disorders, anemia, PCOS, skin disorders etc., prolonged illnesses and medications.
6. Pregnancy, menopause etc. in women.
7. Hairstyles like cornrows, tight pony tails, too-tight braids and stylings like hot irons, and colouring.
8. Hereditary causes
Once you can reason out the cause/s here are some tips for hair loss treatments. Find the best and the most suitable hair loss treatments for you to follow!
Hair Loss Treatments Tips
· Don’t forget your diet. You need an adequate supply of proteins and vitamins for healthy skin and hair. A handful of sesame seeds eaten in the morning is said to be one of the effective hair loss treatments. It contains plenty of calcium and magnesium to enhance hair growth. Also, take eggs and milk products. Don’t neglect your curry leaves or basil dressings. Eat your salads everyday.
· Apply coconut oil on the scalp and hair, and wash it off after an hour. After all, those hair loss treatments ads on the miniscreen cannot be overlooked. Do this at least thrice a day to condition your hair. You can also use olive oil, castor oil or almond oil and may add a few drops of Vitamin E oil too. After towel drying wet hair, apply a few drops of rosemary oil. Coconut milk can be massaged in to hair for best hair loss treatments.
· A great hair pack for dry hair is a mix of egg, olive oil and honey. Leave these hair loss treatments on for 20 minutes and wash off in cool water. Don’t use warm water or you will have scrambled eggs for lunch!
· Don’t get carried away by the glamorous hair loss treatments ads we talked about. Not all are to be followed. Shift to a herbal shampoo and use a conditioner afterwards. A table spoon of apple cider vinegar in a litre of water can be the best one made at home.
· Use henna once a month but do not allow it to dry out your hair. Get regular trims of an inch or two to prevent split ends. Stop leaving hair loose and untied for long hours. Avoid single hair clips and harsh rubber bands that tug at your hair.
· Protect not only your skin but also your hair from the scorching sun! Use an umbrella if need be.
· De stress from distress.
· Use silk or satin pillow cases if you have damaged hair.
· Do not comb wet hair. When you do, be gentle and love your hair!
Remember, hair loss treatments can be done even if you don’t feel any hair loss problems yet. It is always better to use some natural hair loss treatments and care to prevent it from happening.
- Reduces hair fall
- Nourishes the scalp and root of the hair
- Prevents greying of hair
- Helps fight dandruff