Ayurvedic Treatment for Varicocele with Diet and Yoga
You don’t need surgery for Varicocele, check out effective Ayurvedic treatments to avoid surgery.
The enlargement of the veins in the scrotum is called varicocele. It is basically varicose veins, but in the scrotum. This frequently happens during puberty when the veins in the scrotum enlarge while the testicles shrink. More often the left scrotal region is affected.
Usually, varicocele does not produce any symptoms. However some signs and effects of varicocele are:
- Lump in the testicle
- Swelling in the scrotum
- Enlarged veins in the scrotum
- Dull pain, especially after prolonged standing or physical exertion
- Reduced production of sperm
- Hormonal imbalance
- Infertility due to shrinkage of testicles
Natural Ayurvedic Treatment for Varicocele
Western medicines treat varicocele with anti inflammatory drugs to relieve pain and inflammation. Natural medications use herbal ingredients and unlike all other allopathic medicines have no long ranging side-effects.
In contrast Ayurvedic treatment for Varicocele focuses on 3 things:
- Relieving symptoms
- Curtailing progress of the disease
- Preventing complications
It relies on natural herbal ingredients and detoxification of the body to relieve pain and balance the 3 doshas. These treatments are known to strengthen the elasticity of the veins.
Ayurvedic scriptures mention cystic swelling in the veins or Sira Granthi which are a very near description to varicocele. They specifically mention treatments for different causes and symptoms of varicocele.
The main prescriptions to handle the disease are based in line with the treatments of:
- Vitiated vayu
- Piles and hemorrhoids
- Vata kapha and vata kaphaja
- Swelling and edema
As per Ayurveda’s prescription for vitiated vayu, varicocle remedies include :
- Use of medicated oils and ghee
- Medicated fomentation / steam therapy
- Medicated enemas of decoctions
- Enemas of medicated oil and ghee
- Hot, fresh and unctuous foods that are sweet, sour and salty
- Allowing natural passage of stool, wind, urine
- Avoiding exertion, extreme cold, sex, staying awake at night
- Medications which help in the passage of wind
Varicocele can also be cured in line with management of piles and hemorrhoids.
The remedy in line with that of vata kapha and vata kaphaja includes:
- Mild fomentation
- Bath tub sudation
- Decoctions of radish, arka patra, triphala and the leaves of bamboo
- Decoction of the jujube leaves
- Hot fermented liquid made from herbs and grains
- Decoction of aelge marmelos
- Hot buttermilk
Treatment in line with that of swelling and edema is also suggested.
Panchakarma and particularly virechana is considered extremely effective cure for varicocele. It specifically addresses pain, inflammation, accumulation, stagnation and issues related to blood. It removes toxins from the body to prevent infertility.
Except for severe and chronic cases of varicocele, this disease can be effectively managed by Ayurvedic treatment.
Ayurvedic Herbs & Medications for Varicocele
Home Remedies for Varicocele
- Take 20 Samanga or Biophytum leaves and boild in 300 ml of water for 40 minutes. Strain, cool and drink twice a day for a month.
- 15 ml of Lashuna Irandadi Kashayam and 15 ml of Sukumaram kashayam should be taken twice a day with 45 ml of water 1 hour before meals.
- 1 tsp of Hingu Triguna Lehyam to be taken twice daily before meals.
- Mucuna pruriens, is a natural substitute for male hormones and stimulates the testes to produce healthy and active sperms. This is the best herbal treatment for low sperm count.
A unique 3-product Combo pack for Ayurvedic Treatment of Varicocele at Home, without any Surgery. Click here to buy now.
Nirogam’s Ayurvedic combo for Varicocele effectively helps to:
1. Reduce the varicosity of blood vessels.
2. Relieve stasis of blood and pain in the scrotum.
3. Improve the production and motility of the sperm.
4. Remove discomfort.
5. Calm the mind.
Diet for Cure of Varicocele
When it comes to remedy of varicocele and in order to avoid aggravation of the disease the following foods should be avoided:
- Junk and processed food
- Animal fat
- Hydrogenated oil
- Refined white flour
The following foods are beneficial in the treatment of varicocele:
- Whole grains
- Poultry, Fish and fish oil
- Olive oil
- Essentiall fatty acids
- Flaxseed oil
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh vegetables
- High-fibre foods to help digestion and prevent constipation to avoid pressure on the veins near the bowels and the pelvic floor
- Food containing flavonoids to strengthen the blood vessels
- Fluids and water to remain hydrated
Yoga Asanas for Treatment of Varicocele
Yoga reduces the stagnation of blood and increases blood circulation in the body. Ayurveda recommends various asanas specifically to make the treatment of varicocele more effective. These are:
Have Questions? Consult With Our Doctor Here >>